Cooking has always been a main priority to the folks here at Chesterfield Berry Farm with fresh produce basically in your front yard how could it not be? Pass down from generation to generation here is some of our favorite homemade recipes. Enjoy!
(keep checking back for new recipes)
Sweet Corn Bread
- 1 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1/2 Cups Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Corn
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1/4 Cup Soft Margarine
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 Egg Whites
Mix all ingredients except the 3 egg whites and 1/2 cup of corn. Stir egg whites into batter. Pour batter into baking pan then sprinkle remaining corn over the top. Bake in oven at 350 until top is golden brown.
- 3 cups all-purpose flower
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 quart strawberries
- Optional: 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine remaining ingredients; and add to dry ingredients, stirring until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into 2 greased and floured 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hours. Cool loaves in pan about 10 minutes; remove to wire racks, and cool competely.
- Yield: 2 loaves. Freezes well. Frost, if desired.
- 1/2 box confectioner’s sugar
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 stick soft margarine
- Chopped nuts if desired
- Mix together and frost cooled bread
* This recipe is one of the Chesterfield Berry Farm’s family favorites highly recomended*
Strawberry Pizza Pie :
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 sticks butter or margarine; melted
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese; softened
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 8-oz container whipped topping
- 1 pint whole strawberries
- 1 pint chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2-3 drops red food coloring; optional
- Mix crust ingredients. Press into pizza pan or large pie pan. Bake 10 to 15 minutes at 350. Cool.
- Make filling by creaming cheese with sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread on cold crust. Arrange 1 pint whole strawberries (without hulls) on top of cream cheese mixture (You may slice the berries if you prefer)
- In a saucepan, combine all topping ingredients and cook until thick. Spread on top of pie; Refrigerate.